What are you going to remember about Christmas? – The Happy Holiday’s Plan
Dec 21, 2018
What do you actually want to happen this Christmas? Are expectations already making you tense? After all we have been fed for two months via television, radio and print what the ‘perfect’ Christmas should look like. You know you don’t want to feel loneliness, fear and anxiety. Be the creator of what you want.
The Happy Holiday’s Plan
- Discard the goal of the magazine or TV perfect holiday. Perfection is not a strategy to happiness. Actually, it is the antithesis. Seeking it distances us from the intimacy of kinder and gentler moments.
- Discard expectations. They are an excuse for not welcoming and accepting the people we love just as they are – that includes ourselves.
- Create a vision of what you want from this holiday. Imagine it is January 2nd and you are reflecting back on Christmas. What will have happened for this to have been a great holiday? Were you present with people who are most important to you or did you commit to so much preparation busywork that you did not have time to extend love to the people you care most about? What do you want the people around you to know? How much will you laugh? How will you make the most of the time you have and the people there as opposed to the time you don’t have and the people who are missing?
- Create boundaries for yourself around people who are somewhat toxic to preserve your happiness. A boundary is simply an invisible line between what you will and will not allow. If the conversation gets confrontational or negative, disengage. Walk away.
- Decide up front what you will AVOID and what you will COMMIT yourself to so that you may own your happy holiday. That which we own, we control. That which we don’t own, controls us.
Wishing you a happy holiday full of love. I appreciate you and want that for you.
With great love,
P.S. Feel free to send this link to someone who could benefit from it. We are all walking down the same road in life.
Mary Lee Gannon, ACC, CAE is an International Coach Federation certified executive coach and 19-year corporate CEO who helps busy executive leaders swap the treadmill to nowhere for a new career, promotion, higher pay, confidence, calm and better connection with the people who matter while it still matters. View testimonials from her career transformation mavens and FREE career tools at www.MaryLeeGannon.com
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.